Friday, January 21, 2011

Verse of the Week: Lamentations 3:23

Photobucket
His great love is new every morning.
Lord, how faithful you are!
- Lamentations 3:23 - 
Our "suns" - to remind us that God's love is new EVERY morning


          The verse of this week really hit it's mark with me.  I've been thinking a lot about morning and daylight.  Probably because the air temperature is -12 degrees today. And because I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that I am solar powered.  And in these long, winter months, when sunlight is at a premium, I have a hard time accomplishing as much as I’d like.  
My solar-powered nature became more evident while I used up several iTunes gift cards that I had received for Christmas.  I began to notice a pattern of songs relating to light.  One of my favorite songs on my playlist right now is called Light up the Sky.  One of the lines in the song states “You light up the sky to show me you are with me.
The theme of “light” also seems to be showing up in what I read.  I’ve been participating in an online verse-of-the-week project with the girls  (check it out here), and this week, our verse was Lamentations 3:23 – “His great love is new every morning.  Lord, how faithful you are!”  What a perfect tie-in. 
I also read this quote this week: “His mercies are new every day.  Like the sunrise, you can depend on it rising up.  But unlike the sun, God’s mercy doesn’t disappear in dark seasons.”  (Cheryl Wyatt)

It’s becoming increasing clear to me that God understands the “solar-powered” tendencies of all of us.  He knows our hearts need to turn to him like flowers need to turn toward the sun.  It’s encouraging to know that during this season of cold and darkness, God’s light is always shining, calling us back to him.  

My little crafters, hard at work


1 comment:

  1. Very powerful video. I agree, it's a great song. I love the "verse of the week" idea too. That's very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...