Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Madness of March

So far, March has been one crazy month.  Crazy busy.  Crazy schedule.  Crazy weather.  I guess that's why they call it March Madness.  


March Memory:
Hubby and I always enjoy filling out our brackets for the NCAA tournament and then watching the games together in a quest for the title of "champion."  Several years ago, before our new house and snazzy new TV, Hubby would bring home a projector from work and we'd watch the games on a sheet hung from the living room wall.  I suppose the new TV is better (HD, and all that jazz), but somehow watching it on the sheet seemed like more fun.  Just sayin'.....

March Makeover:
We have a fabulously old house.  (It was built over 100 years ago.)  It has lots of quirks and character, which is part of its appeal for me.  But it's also meant lots of projects for our family - and mostly, for my hubby.  This month:  our upstairs hallway.  I came home several weeks ago to find Hubby building a closet in the hall.  This is a project we've been discussing for a while and I was happy to see it happening.  We have very few closets in our house, and this space was basically wasted.  Upon completing the closet, we decided to paint the boring, beige walls.  I am very happy with the results and the fact that we are finally doing something useful with this space.
This color makes me happy every time I see it!

           The new TV-watching area for the girls.  (And guest bed!) 


Also, the new closet off to the left - it still needs a door, but it is functioning!

 
 March Madness:
Last week was Spring Break for the girls.  And because spring is always a crazy-busy time for Hubby at work, we didn't really have any plans.  But there was a bit of madness involving St. Patrick's Day and green frosting.  Observe:  
Note the amount of frosting on the counter.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...