Last night, the backpack was waiting by the door, the clothes were laid out, and everything had been double-checked. Lil' N was sleeping soundly, dreaming of the first day of first grade. As I headed upstairs to my own bedroom, I felt compelled to stop in Lil' N's room and pray for her day; to place a blessing upon her year. And as I prayed, I realized I'd asked God for 10 things for my sweet girl:
(2) The Lord make his face shine upon you.
(3) I pray you'll be a leader,
(4) a learner,
(5) and a lover of God.
(6) I pray you'll be kind,
(7) and caring,
(8) and compassionate to others.
(9) I pray you'll be blessed this year.
(10) And I pray that you'll be a blessing to others.