Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Don't Blink

Tonight the girls started their dance classes at the community center.  They were soooo excited!  And I have to tell you, from this mommy's point of view, I started picturing my little girls in tutus and ballet slippers about the time they started to walk.

TUTU Cute!

 The thing I keep wondering is....how did these girls get so big?  How did that happen?  And where are these minutes going?

How did Lil' N change from this pint-sized three year old ready for her first day of dance...into this five year old dramatic diva?


And how did just one year turn my Lil' R from a toddler...to a lovely preschool lady?

There are times when I think my life needs a soundtrack. Perhaps this explains why I like musicals, but at times, it would just seem easier to explain my thoughts and feelings by bursting into song.  While I won't, the lyrics to the song "Blink" keep running through my head today:   Teach me to number my days...and count every moment before it slips away...take in all the colors before they fade to gray ...I don't want to miss even just a second more of this.

In all honesty, I have to tell you that these thoughts are not coming from a "perfect" day - quite the opposite, in fact.  There have been temper tantrums and bad attitudes and disobedience and tears.  But as I lay in bed tonight, with the words from "Blink" running through my head, I remembered that "this too will pass."  And when it does, I will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...