Thursday, March 10, 2011

Verse of the Week - Psalm 27:1

"The Lord is my light and my salvation  
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life
of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1
Our "God is light" candles...or torches...or somethings...
This is such a goofy picture, but I guess it's real life!  
Lil' N is trying to blow out her light.  
And yes, Lil' R is wearing a leotard and a hard hat.







     This was one of those projects that seemed better in my head than in reality.  Psalm 27:1 reminded us that God is our light, so we decided to make candles. (Maybe they look more like torches?)  While the project didn't turn out quite like I wanted, the important thing is that the girls are understanding and taking scripture to heart!  We've missed the last several weeks of our "Verse of the Week" due to sick kiddos, and I was happy to find out from the girls how much they've missed it.  I'm glad to know it's sinking in!  Recently, we were listening to the radio as we were driving in the car and heard the song "Everlasting God."  At the end of the song (around 3:50 in the video below) there's a voice reading Isaiah 4:31.  The girls both yelled, "this was a verse of the week!"  That was our very first verse in this project, and they remembered it!  Woo hoo!  Proud mommy moment!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. Gosh. Brought tears to my eyes! How awesome to see how God is working in those little ones' lives. Way to go Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...