Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Soundtrack {Do Everything}


Recently, I heard a song on the radio that caught my attention.  The song was “Do Everything” and the whole point was that no matter what we’re doing, we should do it for the glory of God.  But the lyrics drew me in from the very beginning, because it definitely seemed relevant to my life:

As a stay-at-home mom, I sometimes forget that things like laundry and dishes can be done for God.  As we go about our daily routine, I often fail to see all the opportunities to give Him glory. 

In an interview about this new song, Steven Curtis Chapman explained the catalyst for writing these words.  “I think we all have a tendency to want to draw a line down life and say this {on one side} is the spiritual stuff, and this {on the other side of the line} is just the stuff – the spiritual versus the secular.  But we all know that there isn’t really a line.  It all matters.”




“Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:30

“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...