Friday, October 7, 2011

5 Minute Fridays {Ordinary}

*On Fridays, the Gypsy Mama hosts "5 Minute Fridays" - a prompt to write on a topic for just five minutes.  No editing.  No second guessing.  Just writing. So here's my five minutes on:
Ordinary

It seems that maybe...just maybe....ordinary is a matter of perspective.

Because when I think about my life in terms of:
loads of laundry, 
piles of dishes, 
floors that need sweeping, 
furniture that needs dusting,
and bedrooms that need cleaning,
....then yes, my life seems pretty ordinary.  

But what if I shift my perspective? What if I think about the OTHER things that are typically a part of my day:
an amazing husband, who works hard each day for his family;
two lovely daughters, gracing me with their smiles and giggles;
friends and family who are there when I call; 
a house to keep us protected;
and always, always enough of what we need,
....then our life is no longer ordinary.

It is completely and wonderfully EXTRAORDINARY








Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for my extraordinary blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of shifting the perspective. It is all about what we choose to focus on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Definitely Extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were on the same wavelength today for sure. PS - Your kiddos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...