Saturday, June 16, 2012

When You Just Want to Give Up (7 Days of Hope #5)


Sometimes, I want to be a quitter.

Being a mom? It's hard! It's the shaping of human life. What will my children value? How will they treat others? Am I filling them with faith? Are they turning into responsible people?

Sometimes I wonder if God knew what he was doing when he put these children in my care. Maybe I wasn't the best person for this job.

In this chapter, Brooke puts it this way:
"It's sweaty work--manual labor of the most intense kind because it required more than just body. Mothering requires body, soul, mind and heart."

There are days, weeks, and months when it feels like what I do is not making a difference. But then, I get a glimpse -- a small peek of the wonderful people my girls are becoming. And so I continue on. Because I'm not the mother of these girls by accident. God gave me them for a purpose. And if He's not quitting on me, then I shouldn't be quitting on Him.

Mommas: join with me in committing to the Weary Mom Manifesto!

"I believe that God's plans for me are good. Therefore, I commit today that I will never give up on my family, and i will never give up on God's ability to move in their hearts. With His help, I will take the next step of faith even when I feel I can't, because He is the God of miracles."

Print it off, write it down, put it in a frame, and look at these words each day!
---
Let's Chat:
What does "God meeting you in your mess" mean to you? Do you expect God to change your environment, or to get in it with you, giving you the tools you need to make it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...